Now you can Update Redmi Note 3 to Android 8.0 Oreo version by installing an unofficial AOSP 8.0 ROM. Recently Google has released the official Android 8.0 Oreo Update for Pixel and Nexus Devices.Xiaomi redmi note 3 is undoubtedly one of the most selling devices in india, There are two variants of the Redmi note 3 out of which one is the mediatek variant and the second one is the Snapdragon variant, Comparatively the Snapdragon variant is better in terms of performance. Now developers already start working on building a ROM based on Oreo and now first AOSP 8.0 Oreo ROM for Redmi Note 3 is available for download. As we know company still not released the Nougat update and Android 8.0 Oreo update for Redmi Note 3 may never release so if you want to try Android Oreo on Redmi Note 3 then follow our guide to install Android 8.0 Oreo on Redmi Note 3.
What makes this port even more impressive are the circumstances the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is in. Running a Snapdragon 650, there have been no driver updates from Qualcomm to allow it to run on Android Marshmallow or higher. Developers have had to “shim” the blobs, in other words analyzing the blobs, how they interact with the new version of Android via logging and creating a shim to piece it all together and thus enabling the device to function correctly. This is a very intensive process and requires a lot of skill and patience. It can also lead to instability which can be hard for many developers implementing a shim to fix.
1) First, download and install a custom recovery.If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
2) Download the Android 8.0 ROM and Gapps (Optional) from above and save it on your device.
3) Now Boot your device into Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button”
4) Now you will enter into recovery mode. Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
5) Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it. (It will wipe internal memory so save SuperSu and Gapps on SD card)
6) Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
7) Now Flash the SuperSu/Magisk zip (Optional).
8) Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
If you face any difficulty in downloading Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Unofficial Port of Android 8.0 Oreo.please let us know in comment box section below.